Intro To Yoga Series
Feb 29 – April 11, 2012
Have your friends, family members, health care providers suggested yoga to you, but you’re not sure where to begin? Have you decided that you’re too stiff for yoga or are nervous trying this practice for the first time? Here’s a series specifically developed for you. This series will provide you with the tools to become stronger and more flexible in a variety of ways as you become a budding expert in the science of yoga.
Each class will build on the experience of the previous so that when you leave the series you will be better prepared for continuing your yogic journey.
This 7-week series will provide:
- Introduction to Essentials Level postural (asana) practice
- Breath awareness practices and basic breathing practices (pranayama)
- General introduction to yoga philosophy
- Introduction to terms and instructions you encounter in class
- Helpful modifications to support you in the early stages of your practice
- How to safely and successfully meet the challenges of your practice
- The foundational methodology and philosophy of Anusara Yoga
Yoga for Anxiety and Depression
Feb 29 – April 11, 2012
Wednesdays, 7 – 8:30PM
Yoga is a balancing practice that creates opportunities for those with physical and emotional conditions related to anxiety and/or depression to find steady ground within themselves. Whether dealing with anxiety or depression as a primary life experience, or as a symptom of another overarching condition, this class will provide you with the space to explore resources for deeper healing. Each class will include yoga philosophy, movement, meditation and pranayama.
- In order to fully develop & experience the potential for healing in this practice, please be prepared to attend all of the classes in the series.
- These classes are not available as make-ups for ongoing classes at Seattle Yoga Arts
- Modifications will be available for people dealing with a variety of conditions and body types.
- Students will not be required to share anything about themselves or the reasons for attending the class.
- Please bring a journal as a few minutes will be allotted at the end of each class for personal reflection.
“Anxiety and depression once made me feel so alone. I am much stronger than I thought I was and this class reinforced this!” -student
Sacred Anatomy Series
Yoga is a practice of deep intimacy with yourself. The spark of grace in your relationship with this gift opens up your understanding of the material and subtle realms of embodied movement and breath, to allow for a deepening experience of the spiritual body. Through the Sacred Anatomy series you will enrich that relationship with increasing allure and subtlety. Each class will explore and bring to life the energetic and physical anatomy of the focus for that day by examining the physical structures, energetic associations, and how deepening our relationship with each area can enhance our relationship with ourselves and the practice of yoga. In each class we will incorporate movement, diagrams, partner work, discussion and breath work where relevant. $30 per class.
Remaining Classes: The Elegant Shoulder – Friday, Mar 9; The Hands, Wrists & Elbows – Friday, Apr 6; Atlas (Cradle of the Skull) – Friday, May 4
You are viewing the brand new incarnation of my new website. Thanks to the patient efforts of Kelly Davis & Scott Marlow, I will soon be officially launching this effort to improve my communications with you and increase my visibility in our dynamic community. Your comments to help me prepare for it’s launch are greatly appreciated.
Love & Light,
Tuesdays 4:15PM Back Care and Core Strength w/Bianca Raffety
Tuesdays 7:30PM Yoga Nidra w/Erin Goldman
Fridays 3:15PM Yoga for Chronic Pain w/Bianca Raffety
Sunday 1:30PM Prenatal Yoga w/Jane Hitti
Register for ongoing classes at Seattle Yoga Arts
Also check Workshops for Therapeutics oriented series